woensdag 22 juni 2011

Do we follow in the footsteps of the Low Impact Man?

On this site, we had to make a footprint test. After answering some questions about our food, travel, … they gave you a number that tells you how many planets you consume. I thought that I would live an okay life, but after the test, it was another story. I live as we had 3.22 planets to support us but we only have one … I was surprised!

You can also see what you need to work on. In my case I need to work on the travel part. It’s 48%. I need to travel a lot for my sport. During the week I try to travel by train, but sometimes there is no other way than the car. In the weekend, we often have games all over Belgium. And with the Belgian team, we almost always travel by plane. That’s not good! I will try to travel more by train.
It’s unbelievable what the Low Impact Man does. He starts to eat differently, to wash himself differently, …  I have a lot of respect for him, but I couldn’t live like him. It’s impossible with my sport. But I will try to think sometimes of the earth and go by bicycle. When every person does a small thing, I think it will work to save the earth a bit.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten